As most of our pieces are costume jewelry made from copper or brass, plated with 18kt gold and rhodium, they need special looking after for you to enjoy the beauty for a longer period of time. Here’s a list of tips for you on how to care for your ElenaTs jewelry.
- Avoid water: Do not place next to heater, window, air conditioner or in the bathroom. Do not wear in the pool.
- Avoid sweat: Remove jewelry when exercising, or any other demanding physical work, as sweating causes the jewelry to tarnish.
- Storing in our original boxes or pouches is the best way to keep your jewelry. A zip plastic bag is a great alternative if no longer have the packaging.
- Avoid cosmetics: Apply scents or cosmetics before you put on your jewelry. Perfumes and lotions will tarnish the jewelry.
Brass is the most commonly used base metal used by luxury fashion houses to produce their costume jewelry due to its malleable characteristics. Think Chanel and Dior. We plate our pieces in 14k yellow gold, 18k rose gold and rhodium. Plated brass pieces will, unfortunately, tarnish over time. However, if you keep the pieces away from water, sweat and cosmetics, and keep them in a tightly sealed plastic pouch their beauty will last much longer.
- We use natural jemstones and pearls in our jewelry.
- Cubic zirconia is one of the highest quality replica of natural diamonds, and sometimes clearer and brighter than natural diamonds.